Texas Panhandle Chapter
Reaching children in 26 counties in the Panhandle region of West Texas for 80 years!
2700 S. Western, Ste 500
Amarillo, TX 79109
The first chapter established in West Texas was the Amarillo Chapter -- now the Texas Panhandle Chapter. In 1938, (we think) CEF's founder Jesse Irvin Overholtzer was traveling from California to Chicago, and made a stop in Amarillo. On a Sunday morning, he spoke to the people of Amarillo Bible Church about the new ministry the Lord had put on his heart- Child Evangelism Fellowship®. They caught the vision and organized to reach the children of the Panhandle area with the Gospel.
Our chapter is supported completely by individuals, churches, businesses, foundations...and by prayer!
If you're interested in becoming a financial partner, you can visit our donate now page for more information or contact our office.
We partner with churches to reach children with the Gospel. If your church is interested in partnering with CEF® to have a Good News Club® in an area school, please contact our office today. We want to help your church reach out to children who need to know about God's love and salvation.
Texas Panhandle Staff
The Texas Panhandle Chapter is actively seeking someone to fill the position of Local Director. The position involves leading our ministry to children in the Panhandle area, working with the local committee and West Texas state director. If you know of someone whom God may be calling to this role, please let them know about this opportunity to be used of God to take the Gospel to children. It is a full-time, paid position; support will need to be raised. CEF's policy for gathering funds for ministry is to "Ask God and tell His people."
To see a job description and list of qualifications, contact Janet Johnson at email@example.com.
1. Is a team player and functions well in a group.
2. Has good written, verbal and public speaking skills.
3. Has basic computer skills.
4. Is self-motivated, organized, and able to motivate people.
5. Demonstrates leadership ability.
6. Meets the specific qualifications necessary to perform the requirements of the job description.
7. Is willing to raise support.
8. Is born again, has the assurance of salvation, and is willing to give a testimony of his salvation before others.
9. Has a good testimony at home, on the job, and in his neighborhood and local church as reflected by both speech and conduct.
10. Is actively involved in a local church.
11. Believes that children can be saved from sin by coming to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
12. Feels called to serve in this ministry.
13. Has learned to trust the Lord for victory, wisdom, and guidance.
Panhandle Chapter Committee
Reagan Williams - Chair
Don Speedy - Vice Chair
Courtney Kennedy- Treasurer
Lisa Thomas - Secretary
CEF of West Texas is excited to partner with Easy Tithe to offer secure online and text-to-give support services. You can use this one button to give your financial gift to the specific chapter of your choosing.
We accept Debit Card, Check Card, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, & American Express through Easy Tithe. *We are charged a 3.0% + .30 processing fee on every transaction
(and an additional 2.7% + .15 by AmEx)
If you'd like to add to your donation to cover the fees, that would be a blessing!
Once you create a Easy Tithe log-in profile, select your chapter from the drop down menu and follow the rest of the steps to make your donation.